Friday, August 29, 2014

Product Review - LC-foods Multi Grain Sandwich Bread




 
I reviewed the Fresh Baked White Sandwich Bread from LC-Foods on my main website a while back and you can read that review HERE. Well, now they have a new flavor that's more like a whole meal type bread. The white bread had a slight sourdough flavor but this new bread has a more neutral flavor. I didn't care for the white bread toasted but I do like this one both toasted and untoasted. It toasts up very crisp, which makes my husband happy. The bread is a little chewy untoasted but I don't mind that. One thing that I did mind a little was that I ended up with flax seeds all over the place after slicing the loaf. They seemed to be everywhere! I got 29 slices out of the loaf. That's not quite as many as I got from the white bread but I sliced this loaf a little thicker. That's still more slices than the 25 that the label suggests though. Because the bread is so sturdy, you can easily slice it very thin if you like. They ship the bread in a special wrapper that keeps it fresh during shipping. Once it arrives, you'll need to slice it and store it in the freezer or keep a few slices on hand in the fridge.

Ingredients: Wheat protein isolates, resistant wheat starches, whole & chopped brown flax seed, vital wheat gluten, butter, coconut oil, Inulin chicory root fiber, salt, instant dry yeast, organic stevia rebaudiana leaf natural herbal extracts, natural luo han guo monk fruit, natural caramel color and natural enzymes

1 slice (1/25 loaf) = 9.5g Carbohydrate; 8.5g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb




No comments :

Post a Comment