Friday, September 19, 2014

Menu for the week of 9/21 thru 9/27

TUNA MUFFINS
 
SUNDAY:
Leftover Salsa Sausage Quiche
Leftover Meatloaf
Leftover Tuna Muffins
Steak
Cheesy Garlic Bread

MONDAY:
Seoul Chicken
Rice

TUESDAY:
Leftovers

WEDNESDAY:
Italian Meatball Burgers
Squash "Pasta"

THURSDAY:
Ham & Cheese Quiche
Leftovers

FRIDAY:
Leftovers
Tuna Muffins
Tartar Sauce

SATURDAY:
Chicken with Peanut Curry


CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
CHICKEN WITH PEANUT CURRY
 

The rice on Monday is some that I still have left in the pantry from when I was cooking high carb for my husband and son. I might as well use it up rather than throw it out. In any case, Jerry is still losing weight eating bread and ice cream so a little rice probably won't hinder him.

There's a chance that I will take the steak off the menu and make it another day. It depends on how much meatloaf and Tuna Muffins are left by Sunday. I've been making Tuna Muffins quite a bit lately because they're nice "filler" food for snacks and lunches and they're pretty cheap to make.

 

2 comments :

  1. Hi Linda! I was wondering if you would mind saying a little bit about your health and energy levels (you seem very active). I love your blogs, and would like to try more of your recipes, but there some things you use that I wouldn't because I'm concerned about the effect they might have on my health -- recipes using sugar-free Jello, for example, or if I buy chicken, I usually buy free-range organic on sale, and it's still ridiculously expensive -- so we don't eat much chicken in my house! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I don't really use things like sugar free jello all that often and they're mainly for my husband's benefit to try and keep him on plan. There's no way that I can afford to buy organic/free-range products so I just don't worry about it and buy what I can afford as far as meat and vegetables. My health is fine. I never get sick and I don't take any medications. I have plenty of energy but I don't do any kind of exercise. I honestly don't know how I'd squeeze that into my already too busy day.

      Delete