Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday's Shopping


 
They're predicting freezing rain for Tuesday morning so I did my shopping today. I didn't want to miss out on the pork shoulder roasts for 99-cents pound. It's been ages since they were that cheap. I bought two small ones but you can't see the second one in the photo. 

Aren't those beautiful red bell peppers? They were the same price as the green ones today and only 50-cents each. I'll be using them to make Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers on Friday. Hopefully they'll keep that long. 
 

2 comments :

  1. I'm always amazed at how little you purchase yet you feed your family beautifully! I have a lot to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget that I will be shopping again on Thursday so this isn't all I'll be buying for the week. I also have a huge stash of meat and other items in the freezer. I also try not to buy things that I don't really need unless it's something to replenish my stock and it's on sale or marked down.

      Delete